Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious what parts might fit and what "compromise" of some of the Abarth suspension parts (or ones like them) could be put on a Pop (500c) to help make it more planted in turns and generally a bit more of a competent handler

http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=E21C91FE1D72A46B87E9BE5C03E5F326?&id=11726&mid=1

Not looking to turn my Pop into a racer but a bit more stability and confidence would be nice... I'm waiting on the sway bar thread to see how that turns out but this certainly goes much further into different springs, shock, struts, camber settings, everything..

Anyone who drove both a sport and a pop, can you comment on how much more planted the sport was? Didn't have the opportunity to drive both (rats - still considering going back for a ride) but I'm curious how much further the sport went toward making the car more spirited in handling.

thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
As with most "performance-edition" models, I'd assume that the cost of the suspension parts other than bushings and the likes would simply be more expensive than the "better" aftermarket options available.

Case in point: Upgrading the shocks & springs to the Abarth products would likely be more expensive than a good coilover setup which will allow for adjustability and other more advanced settings.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Soliciting opinions - I want the rear of the car to hop less and the car to corner tighter. Not going to auto-cross or track it, just want it flatter and more competent (sorry I'm asking similar questions in more than 1 thread - car is so new, not much info yet on mods available)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yes, I'd be surprised if this was remotely cost effective. With every brand I've encountered - putting GT3 parts on a 911 or Boxster is always pricey, ditto M3 bits on a standard 3-series.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I have a set of eibach pros that are coming off my sport in replace of V-maxx coilovers, id sell them for $175 + shipping

1 - 6 of 6 Posts