Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to buy snow tires for my 500 sport.

Its still cheaper to fit tires to the sport 16inch rims rather than buy sets of wheels.

Im planning to buy OZ wheels later on anyways.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you.

I have a few friends who are techs that can mount tires for me for much much less than most places charge.

Also helps that I know how to run the tire mounting/balancing machine already.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
It seems cheaper not to buy a second set of wheels but mounting and balance twice a year adds up quick
Exactly, plus the risk of damaging a rim. Two sets for me, off and on in 10 min.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a sport as well and purchased 4 take off 15 inch steel rims from madness500 (199 + 56 shipping). Went to tire rack and got 4 185/55/15 Michelin Ice2 (99.00 each + 40.00 shipping from tire rack) then got the tires mounted to the rims (80.00) and a set of basic 500 wheel covers (140.00 but the wife got them for me Xmass). (total 771) Tire Rack has 195/45/16 Pierelli snow tires for 131 each (524 + shipping) mounting 80 (total 604). Just information to consider when making your choice.

·
Registered
124 Posts
general altimax arctics are amazing in the snow. Even on my winter beater with no abs and no traction control they perform amazingly. And theyre actually really cheap.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thank you.

I have a few friends who are techs that can mount tires for me for much much less than most places charge.

Also helps that I know how to run the tire mounting/balancing machine already.
That has got to be handy. Wish I knew someone with a shop.

I didn't want to lug down my jack from the condo (I used to drive a Rolls-Royce so I've got a heavy-as-heck heavy duty model that weighs over 100lbs), so I used the itty-bitty scissor jack that comes with the car to swap on my snows. Never again - just winding the little thing took forever! LOL.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
That has got to be handy. Wish I knew someone with a shop. I didn't want to lug down my jack from the condo (I used to drive a Rolls-Royce so I've got a heavy-as-heck heavy duty model that weighs over 100lbs), so I used the itty-bitty scissor jack that comes with the car to swap on my snows. Never again - just winding the little thing took forever! LOL.
You need a cheap aluminum race jack, so much lighter and quick to use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts