Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just put a deposit down on an Abarth. MSRP is $24,050. I'm paying $23,550.47 + $250 doc fee + $1,666.03 tax + $33.50 registration = $25,500 out the door. I was happy to be paying anything less than MSRP and I'm pleased with the $500 discount.

BUT.....I'm in Ohio.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It looks like they applied the $750 discount too all their stock (it was $2k a few weeks ago) so maybe it's a mistake? Although I didn't see that discount listed for the Abarths last weekend when I was looking at those listings. I might go down there this weekend and ask them since they are my local dealer.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Looks like they may be opting out of charging the dealer charge and adding in a dealership discount. Selling a car with almost zero profit... must be a limited sale.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Great marketing angle if you ask me. If he breaks even or comes in at slightly under, he gets people in the door looking which in itself will generate additional sales. Also, he is known nationally thanks to this thread as well!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
In the fine print, take

Discount $750 or
60 months at 0%
72 months at 1.9%
Fico score of 720

I'd take the 0%, not the $500

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just put a deposit down on an Abarth. MSRP is $24,050. I'm paying $23,550.47 + $250 doc fee + $1,666.03 tax + $33.50 registration = $25,500 out the door. I was happy to be paying anything less than MSRP and I'm pleased with the $500 discount.

BUT.....I'm in Ohio.
It looks like they applied the $750 discount too all their stock (it was $2k a few weeks ago) so maybe it's a mistake? Although I didn't see that discount listed for the Abarths last weekend when I was looking at those listings. I might go down there this weekend and ask them since they are my local dealer.
It looks like a discount to me on they ad. They want the business.
Great marketing angle if you ask me. If he breaks even or comes in at slightly under, he gets people in the door looking which in itself will generate additional sales. Also, he is known nationally thanks to this thread as well!
Thats what is so strange. This is So Cal..... land of the dealer mark up. Supposedly there is not enough allotments to fill all the orders and there is a waiting lists that are a 100+ deep. They are even trying to buy Abarths from the mid west to fill the demand. Either that or it was just all rumors and the Abarth is not making the crater in the Earth as predicted but I don't believe that.

@Proximal- please let me know.

·
Registered
260 Posts
What bothers me is west coast dealer were contacting mid west ones, for the Abarth models.
Happens all the time with high demand autos. Even ones that just happen to meet a buyers desires will get dealers calling across the country, so long as the purchaser is willing to pay shipping costs.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thats what is so strange. This is So Cal..... land of the dealer mark up. Supposedly there is not enough allotments to fill all the orders and there is a waiting lists that are a 100+ deep. They are even trying to buy Abarths from the mid west to fill the demand. Either that or it was just all rumors and the Abarth is not making the crater in the Earth as predicted but I don't believe that.
Getting folks in the door will have people looking at the 500s. When they learn the wait for an Abarth is going to be a long one, they may decide on a 500 instead. Right now they are selling pretty well as a result of the Abarth marketing campaign, combined with nearly 150 studios now open across the country. Add some expensive gas prices and you get a perfect storm for sales!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Getting folks in the door will have people looking at the 500s. When they learn the wait for an Abarth is going to be a long one, they may decide on a 500 instead. Right now they are selling pretty well as a result of the Abarth marketing campaign, combined with nearly 150 studios now open across the country. Add some expensive gas prices and you get a perfect storm for sales!
That's what my studio is trying to do. According to the salesman, they've sold several Sports to people who have come in to buy Abarths. He even tried to get me to buy a Sport instead of the Abarth. While I did enjoy test driving the Sport, I really want the Abarth.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As it turns out I found on another forum that a bunch of extras are added the the labor is discounted. A round about way of adding mark up.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's what my studio is trying to do. According to the salesman, they've sold several Sports to people who have come in to buy Abarths. He even tried to get me to buy a Sport instead of the Abarth. While I did enjoy test driving the Sport, I really want the Abarth.
My studio tried tha a few months back- ain't gonna happen! Abarth or none at all.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I find this hard to believe, a So Cal dealer giving discounts on the Abarth.... Am I missing something here?
http://www.fiatusaofcostamesa.com/new-inventory/index.htm?reset=InventoryListing
HUMMM.....I took one of their VIN's online, ran it in DealerConnect, listed all the options and came up with the following:

MSRP Price: $26,550 (inc $700 destination)

so it looks like they're marking them UP $350 and then discounting them $750, which still results in only a net savings of $400.

IMO, it's still a good deal for an Abarth!!!! :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
According to the list there are 6 available and in transit. I haven't heard of even the high volume Studios having that many in the first demo allotment let alone not sold already.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts