Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter is coming up in a couple of months and I've just saw that most tire prices are going up in the next month so I'm hoping to purchase my winter tires pretty early before the rush. I was wondering what you guys run for winter tires or do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
98 Posts
i used a few different kinds of winter tires and out of all of them i had the best deep snow and ice traction on bridgestone blizzaks. theyre not that expensive and are worth it for that peace of mind you will get.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I second that! Blizzak's are the best from my experience. I just got the new WS 70s for my Hyundai Genesis a week ago from Tirerack. The thing to remember is there is a difference between pure snow tires and performance snow tires. I made the mistake a few years ago of getting the performance snows and they are NOT as good as pure snow tires. They are better on dry pavement, but when it comes the snow packed roads the pure snows are the best (like the WS 70).

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm new to the fourm. Just wanted to give my 2 cents. Just recieved from tire rack 4 conti extreme winter contact on alloys (Cheap MSW's) in size 175/65/14. Shipped to my door tax duty (canada) $950. Cheaper than local tire shops and better tires. Tire rack swears 14" are ok (and cheaper) and the wobble bolts they included are perfectly safe and effective (4x100 wheels). Now I'm looking forward to some snow.... A little.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got nokian Hakka R. Scanned the European fiat forum to see what they like. Bizzaks got good reviews but they did not come in 185 55 15. *Also tried to get Vredestein snowtrac 3 but none in the states.
Nokian hakka r is made in Finland. Are good on deep snow and ice. I ordered them from tiresbyweb. Free shipping to my studio. Studio mechanic ordered fiat steel wheels but the killer was the four tire pressure sensors. And you must put sensors in or the car will ding all the time.

Ciao.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Triumph. I know it is hard to believe but some of us who live 'up North' actually enjoy winter. When we can do this...

Or this​

Or even go visit Santa! (sorry about the commercial)​

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've used the Blizzaks on a Chrysler 300 and a GMC Yukon and they were excellent tires for the snow and ice conditions in the mountains of Colorado. They are quiet and work well on dry pavement also. Caveat though, once the special rubber compound part of the tread is worn, they lose most of their effectiveness. Three winters is all you will get out of a set even with moderate driving habits.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I prefer Hakkapaliitta R or 7. 7 is studded. Studs are not allowed in some states. In NY I believe studs can be used between Nov. and April.

Blizzack...once the special tread compound wears away the tires are just like any other garden variety snow tire...certainly not useless, but not what they were.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have used Blizzak's and Ice Bears in years passed with no complaints, but I like to roll in style during winter (ran 18" winters last two years) so I have ordered the Pirelli Winter 210 Snowcontrol so I can use my stock 16s as they will be demoted to winter wheels.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts