Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you change about your new 500? ;)

1. More power?
2. Better interior controls?
3. More options?
4. What...something else?
5. Do you wish you would have waited for some reason?
6. Are you glad you have the Manual or Automatic?

Q: Did the Dealer give you a fair price (trade in) for your previous vehicle?

Q: What has your dealership experience been like, post purchase?

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
More power have the sport manual.
My freaking knee hitting the middle console
They gave me all the money for my trade 09 Escalade.

Other than that I can't wait to drive it everyday!!!! Kind of weird....

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't like the controls on the standard radio. I prefer traditional knobs. Everything else is fine. More power is always good, but the 500 has enough for me.

I have the manual, and I'm glad. I love manuals, and this one is great. Gears and engine are well matched.

My dealer did OK on the trade in price. They did not wholesale the car...it was for sale on their lot as of few weeks ago.

My post purchase dealership experience has been fine so far.

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
Love it, just the way it is. Mines a loaded sport. 10-20 horse power couldn't hurt. Automatic smooth as silk. Wish the Tom tom was a Garmin instead. Hate the operating system on it. Move the Navigation to the center of the dash too. Door panels had color insert. Very plain looking. Material on the plastic dash. How about 17" wheel standard on the sport model. Studio having a big open house next week. Lots of Italian food. Very nice people.

·
Registered
453 Posts
a little more headroom in the sunroof model. I'm not even 6', and with the seat ratcheted all the way down, I easily brush my head on the lower ceiling, or bump my forehead when checking the blind spot. Yes, this is due to my more upright seating position, and I'm learning to drive a little more reclined, as well as using the special mirror to check my blind spot. But still. I'd like to be able to change my seating angle from time to time without worrying about headroom.
Without the powered sunroof, you get another 2" of headroom. I love being able to open it, though. :\

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

What would you change about your new 500? ;)

1. More power?
2. Better interior controls?
3. More options?
4. What...something else?
5. Do you wish you would have waited for some reason?
6. Are you glad you have the Manual or Automatic?

Q: Did the Dealer give you a fair price (trade in) for your previous vehicle?

Q: What has your dealership experience been like, post purchase?
1. I can understand that some people may prefer more power, but for me the current amount of power really seems more than enough, so I'm very happy with what I got.

2. I like the interior as is.

3. Since I kind of prefer low cost cars, I really wasn't looking for much in the way of options, and I'm happy with what I got.

4. Nothing that I can think of right now.

5. No, I'm happy that I got my car when I did.

6. I bought the manual and I'm very happy with it.

Q1. I was happy with my trade-in. I suspect that I probably could have argued for more, or tried to look into seeing what I could have gotten from Carmax (or another similar place), but in the end I'm happy.

Q2. So far, so good.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input folks...learning more all the time from you wise and gaining experience....new owners. Thanks again. Keep up the responses!

·
Registered
825 Posts
I bought mine earlier, so had I waited, I would have gotten extra stuff at no charge (blue & me, accessories rebate). Then again, I had the car an extra couple of months and have really enjoyed it, so that's ok.

The manual is great, no desire to have an automatic. I didn't trade anything in, and I had a very good dealer experience.

I do wish I'd realized it didn't come with a spare. That was. $100 option that's more like $450 after-market.

There are some small things I would change. There's another thread on here about a wish list, check that out. Lots of stuff there.

Ryan

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
One more thing. Wish the pull out sunscreen on the sunroof, was more like my smart cars screen. Lets in way too much sun when closed. Got to love that sunroof anyway!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The mp3 player could be better. They should have just copied an existing setup becuz this thing seems to play whatever IT feels like playing. It never continues from where it left off before I turned off the car! Besides that, i lové this car. It's already saving me 50% on gaz!

·
Registered
90 Posts
What's going on with yours, FTW?

I'd also like a release for the hatch inside the cabin.
Starter relay is borked. Should be a simple fix but they're keeping it at the studio until they have their service crew can fix it Monday morning.

To stay on topic I'd like to see a few of these things:

• Height adjustable passenger seat and arm-rest
  • AUX and USB port in the center console.
  • Dome LED's (the interior get's pitch black at night) like my GTI
  • Audio streaming support for bluetooth, Blue&Me is limited to phone functionality.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'd just like some small storage areas in the front, within reach of the driver for keeping items like, coins, candy, cell phone and the like. The glove box has a weird interior size and kind of hard to get at while driving. Also, an arm rest on the passenger seat might be nice. I've already installed front mud flaps on the car, as the rear ones don't quite keep the sides from getting muddy after going through a puddle.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd just like some small storage areas in the front, within reach of the driver for keeping items like, coins, candy, cell phone and the like. The glove box has a weird interior size and kind of hard to get at while driving. Also, an arm rest on the passenger seat might be nice. I've already installed front mud flaps on the car, as the rear ones don't quite keep the sides from getting muddy after going through a puddle.
Curious how you did front mudflaps, did you mod your own? Pics?

·
Registered
145 Posts
A little more power would be nice.

Passenger arm rest a good idea.

Small light around the ignition for nighttime.

Electronic functions a bit complicated, phone, resetting trip meter etc.

Center console. Right now I'm using a couple plastic cups in the rear cup holder.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Rev, what difficulty are you having with the trip reset? On mine, a Pop with no B&M, and no security system, I simply hold in the button on the right-side stalk for about three seconds. Is yours different?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts