Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what they should properly be torqued to? It certainly didn't take much to get any of them loose.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I was never able to find it listed. With alloys, I typically go with about 75ftlbs to be on the safe side. It's probably closer to 65ftlbs but I could never find the rating anywhere. Most 4cyl 4 lug cars are right around the same. 75ftlbs is about middle of the road.

·
Registered
341 Posts
63 ft. lbs for steel wheels

75 ft. lbs for alloy.

Info, out of Fiat app, on my phone.
I was never able to find it listed. With alloys, I typically go with about 75ftlbs to be on the safe side. It's probably closer to 65ftlbs but I could never find the rating anywhere. Most 4cyl 4 lug cars are right around the same. 75ftlbs is about middle of the road.
Sorry, you're both very, very wrong.

Right on Page 283 from the owners manual, it says 100 ft-lbs.

BC.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Fiat better then correct there phone app. Those numbers came from it. So which one is correct?
I would hope the manual is correct however knowing there are several known examples (I cannot recall them now) which have been stated by Fiat in the manual to be incorrect I imagine the proper information might be the phone app as it came out later and may have gotten the proper revisions, also it can be updated to correct things where the paper is what it is...just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
63 ft. lbs for steel wheels

75 ft. lbs for alloy.

Info, out of Fiat app, on my phone.
Those are also the values Tire Rack emailed me earlier today.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I asked the same? and was told by Fiat rep Alluminim(spelling) 100Nm or 75ftlbs Steel wheel lugs at 85Nm or 63ftlbs.

·
Registered
116 Posts
LOLOLOLOL!!!!

That means the wheel lug nuts require more torque than the engine is capable of producing!!!!!

I'm sorry, I know its tacky, but it just struck me funny!

(and dont think I am picking on the car - I love my little Fiat!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts