Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help deciding what's a better deal....

Currently I have the OEM 15 inch Pop wheels on my Fiat. I want to get white painted wheels. Here are my two options:

My dealer is offering Fiat Sport wheels painted white w/16 inch tires for $1000 (I'm not certain if I have to give them my current wheels/tires) - includes sport wheels, new tires, and paint job. They also fill the wheels with nitrogen, which I like better than compressed air.

Purchase white O.Z. Superturismo 15 inch wheels from Tire Rack for $628 which allows me to keep my current tires. All I will have to do is get them professionally installed, say for like $30/tire.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Oz wheels but 16 inchers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oz wheels but 16 inchers

Forgot to mention - if I buy the OZ wheels they must be 15 inches so I can use them with my current tires. There's no reason for me to spend a couple of hundred bucks on new tires for 16 inch rims when I have ones that will fit 15 inchers.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Make sure the OZ take that tire, what color is your car? Its not that blue in the profile pic.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Fiat is azzurro with white racing stripes. Would those 15" OZ's work with my Pop's original tires?

As for size, well, bigger isn't always better [for me at least] - and honestly I think my car would look weird with such big rims.

On top of that the roads where I live suck and I do not want to spend over $1k for the whole package (tires/wheels).

All I'm asking is which option is better price wise and performance wise. Dealer Fiat 16" Sport wheels painted white OR 15" OZ Supertursimos with my current tires? [see 1st post w/pricing info]

·
Registered
433 Posts
you should keep your current wheels / tires and buy white wheels when price is not a concern that way you are getting wheels you love, not what everyone else thinks is best for you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you should keep your current wheels / tires and buy white wheels when price is not a concern that way you are getting wheels you love, not what everyone else thinks is best for you.
Oh, no I like both of these wheels and I am going to buy one or the other. I just wanted to know which one is better for the price and/or performance? I'm asking this here because you guys are more knowledgeable about cars than I am.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bah...you guys are making me have second thoughts. If the dealer charges $1k for wheels I could buy those nice looking OZ Leggendas w/ tires for around $1300.

I've heard that getting larger wheels isn't such a great idea if the roads in your city are crumby. Is that correct? Will it really effect my drive? What exactly are the benefits & cons to getting bigger wheels?

Sorry for the multiple posts in 1 thread....at work...trying to work.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If your roads really are that crappy, I'd definitely go with the OZ 15" wheels - I've seen waaaaay too many expensive 17"-19" rims ruined from impacts with nasty potholes or steps in the road - plus you'll get a nicer ride with the 15s.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If your roads really are that crappy, I'd definitely go with the OZ 15" wheels - I've seen waaaaay too many expensive 17"-19" rims ruined from impacts with nasty potholes or steps in the road - plus you'll get a nicer ride with the 15s.
I live in Houston so yeah, they are really that crappy.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm loving the white OZ wheels!

Don't get the sport wheels. The stealership is going to make a heck of a profit from you.

And if you get them painted, they will chip away easily. Your best bet is to get them powder coated. I'm sure the OZ are powder coated. (Btw, the cheapest price I could get to powder coat my 17s was $320, but they usually charge $400 to $450).

:D I love white wheels, I think they look really clean.

Do it, do it, do it, do it!:p

·
Registered
707 Posts
I"d love to see someone roll with the OZ Leggendas. I initially wanted those for my Rosso Brilliante, but went with some BBS instead.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
@ domdil, do it, it would look nice.
The only drawback is they arent the lightest OZ wheels out there, they are 18 LBS so not much lighter than the stock sport wheels.
Plus I just got a job at a Fiat Studio and if everything goes well there I can get an abarth for pretty cheap so I may hold off on any more mods to my prima

1 - 20 of 25 Posts