Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First one with the correct answer receives a pat on the back and the knowledge that you are helping to inform your fellow owners of the reasoning behind the decision that we spend more talking about than anything else!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Car companies are continually believing they are going to sell new vehicles / designs to a youth market they can move up the food chain, only to have 40-60 year olds buy the product despite the youth related advertising. The Honda Element was another example - sold as a surfer dude vehicle and bought by the middle aged avoiding mini-vans.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jennifer Lopez initially shot the commercial for the Gucci edition 500... JLo is the spokeswoman for Gucci. They essentially made more than just the Gucci commercial with what they had gotten.

Just figured I'd make sure everyone was understanding that the Fiat ad agency wasn't flipping through their Blackberry's, stumbled across JLo, and thought "voila! She's perfect!"

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Because the 500 is so butch they were afraid only bikers and WWF fans would buy it.
They needed to soften the image so more chicks would take a look.

For this very reason, FIAT also turned down the chance for product placement with a FIAT 500 as the killer car in "Christine II"

·
Registered
196 Posts
Jennifer Lopez initially shot the commercial for the Gucci edition 500... JLo is the spokeswoman for Gucci. They essentially made more than just the Gucci commercial with what they had gotten.

...Just figured I'd make sure everyone was understanding that the Fiat ad agency wasn't flipping through their Blackberry's, stumbled across JLo, and thought "voila! She's perfect!"
This is hugely disappointing. It basically means that, faced with the responsiblity of re-introducing the brand to the United States and setting the tone for the 500's perception, they decided to go cheap and use B-roll footage from another brand's commercials. What a dumb move.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Defending his choice of celebrity pitchwoman, Francois said in a statement: "Jennifer fits perfectly with the brand not because of who she is but because of what she is -- authentic, passionate, modern and a fighter determined to stand out from the rest."

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
First one with the correct answer receives a pat on the back and the knowledge that you are helping to inform your fellow owners of the reasoning behind the decision that we spend more talking about than anything else!
there's your answer. they got everyone talking......not only about our beloved J-Lo but FIAT!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
...... "Jennifer fits perfectly with the brand not because of who she is but because of what she is -- authentic, passionate, modern and a fighter determined to stand out from the rest."
....and like the FIAT, shes cute too! :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
My problem is that I don't even understand why J Lo even IS~

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Defending his choice of celebrity pitchwoman, Francois said in a statement: "Jennifer fits perfectly with the brand not because of who she is but because of what she is -- authentic, passionate, modern and a fighter determined to stand out from the rest."
More like fake, drama queen, high maintenance and high strung determind to be queen "B".

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
there's your answer. they got everyone talking......not only about our beloved J-Lo but FIAT!
I agree, but not in a positive way and since the car is know as a "J- Lo car" to lay men proves the commercials where more about here and her image than FIATs.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I've been asked more and more about my "JLo car" and I continue to say when I got it she wasn't associated with the car to the degree anyone new of and I wanted something unique and cheap that got good gas mileage so this is it, plus when I walk into the parking lot I don't see fifteen other cars that look just like it, so far I have yet to see one like it parked anywhere and it is EXTREMELY rare I see one pass on the road, maybe twice in the time I've owned it. As for why she is popular, she isn't hard to look at and she shakes her ***, not much else needed to be considered talent or famous or such these days, look at the Kardashians as yet another confusing example of the screwed up cultures and standards of the times in which we live.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts