Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like the prima's are being priced at a premium. Less content for more $$$, am I missing something? Or are people just happy to get their car 'first' and have the numbered badge to go with it? For less cash, I can get a lounge outfitted with leather, backup sensors, and the missing spare tire for less, in the color scheme of my choice. Except for the waiting part seems like a no brainer,.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nope, Lounge with leather is $21000 + destination charge, Prima Edizione $19500 including destination charge. Automatic Transmission is free, and is probably the only reason get one. Are Lounges available now? Seems like they are waiting till the 500c to bring out the Lounges.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nope, Lounge with leather is $21000 + destination charge, Prima Edizione $19500 including destination charge. Automatic Transmission is free, and is probably the only reason get one. Are Lounges available now? Seems like they are waiting till the 500c to bring out the Lounges.
MVLA already sold a couple of Lounges. Sold some Pops as well.

That's right. They sold the regular 500s before the PEs.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Oh right, pricing is slightly different in Canada. Fiat is the only car company pricing their products on par between Canada & the US, which seems fair since our dollar is on par now. The difference is that we get the Lounge with leather included, but not the auto! That's right, we can get 5 speed Lounges. So, starts at $19,500 add $500 for the power roof and seems like a better package then the Prima Speciale edizione.

Yes, I know that doesn't seem fair, but look at it this way pretty much every other car is the US is a huge bargain compared to here. I'll be ordering mine on Monday, once I decide on colors.

Oh, and not to rub it in but the reason we probably have so many Prima's available (as I still see a few) is that all of Canada got 500 of them too, even though we're just 10% of the population of the states. Ok, even I agree that didn't seem so fair.

·
Registered
2 Posts
owner of #343 in grey, beautiful car and think it was worth every extra dollar to get the first edition car. Just the green, white, and red badges are worth it.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
the PE Package is a $1,500 option. for that you get the special stripes, blacked-out roof, special Sport wheels with Black inserts and of course all the PE emblems. you're paying for the priviledge of owning a part of history.....one of the first 500 Fiats to come to North America. worth the price in MY opinion.

as for comparing it to a Lounge, not a fair comparison. first, ALL Lounges come with Automatics. second, ALL Lounges do not offer the 16" Alloys as an option.....only 15" wheels.

IMO, the Sport is the way to go and if you're lucky enough to run across an 'orphaned' Prima, you'd better GRAB IT UP!!! :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts