Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met two 500 Sport owners yesterday and had an opportunity to drive both of their cars. One nero, one verde chiaro, both automatic, both black interior. Both had about the same mileage as mine, 10,000km. I have the brown interior and a stick shift. But the thing I didn't understand, the moment I sat in the driver's seat of the first car, I couldn't believe how much softer and more comfortable is was than mine.:confused:

Huge difference, I didn't understand. Then I tried the other one, same thing! Plush, soft, felt nothing like my sport seats.

What gives? I'm kinda bummed out now because I wish my seats were as comfortable.:(

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've heard that. If that's the case, HUGE difference. So much so that I want to swap my seats for these newer ones.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I know when I ordered my Pop in March, the terribly uncomfortable seat was one reason I didn't order the Sport.

I wonder if newer Pop seats are more comfy? I'm not going to go find out, it'll just make me mad if they are.

Ahhhhh, the price to pay for getting one early.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't say my seats are terribly uncomfortable. Just not as cushy as the two other sports I drove. They feel like different seats.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Rent one with the same colour seats. Presto-o change-o, better seats.:)
Hahaha, crazy ideas, I've done worse and still can do worse but I know in the end it comes back to me ten fold.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had a friend with a late 2000"s accent that was used as a courier car. Tons of miles nut not to old. That thing lived and breathed thanks to enterprise rent a car.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Updated seats

Did they update the seats on all three trim levels or just Pop or Sport?

My Sport was manufactured right at the time they made the change to the new design. Therefore, I may or may not have the new seat depending on where my car was on the assembly line. No way to know for certain, although I emailed Fiat to try and find out.

If anyone can figure out a telling characteristic that distinguishes the seats (other than subjective comfort) let me know.

-KO

·
Registered
112 Posts
I bought my Sport about two months ago. I hate the seats in it. They have a bump in the front that raises my legs and I have a hard time reaching the gas pedal because of it (I'm 5'1). And if I move the seat forward, it's just too uncomfortable.

I am getting them re upholstered this week. I asked the guy to shave off the bump and just flatten it out. I like flat seats.

Maybe you should post some pictures of your seats, I'm curious to see how they look.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought my Sport about two months ago. I hate the seats in it. They have a bump in the front that raises my legs and I have a hard time reaching the gas pedal because of it (I'm 5'1). And if I move the seat forward, it's just too uncomfortable.

I am getting them re upholstered this week. I asked the guy to shave off the bump and just flatten it out. I like flat seats.

Maybe you should post some pictures of your seats, I'm curious to see how they look.

This was an issue I posted about the week I got my car. The bolstering at the front of the seat was causing a lot of discomfort in my thighs. I've since gotten used to it, and it doesn't bother me anymore. This would be the best way to describe the difference between the seats. On the two I tested, the bolstering didn't apply the same thigh pressure as my seats. It felt flat, even though the seats looked the same at first glance.

·
Registered
145 Posts

You need to have someone who is 225 lbs or more sit in the seat for a while. My seat was high and hard for a few days but is just fine now. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
This was an issue I posted about the week I got my car. The bolstering at the front of the seat was causing a lot of discomfort in my thighs. I've since gotten used to it, and it doesn't bother me anymore. This would be the best way to describe the difference between the seats. On the two I tested, the bolstering didn't apply the same thigh pressure as my seats. It felt flat, even though the seats looked the same at first glance.
:D I'm so glad this is not just in my head. I've had mine for like 2 months and the first time I drove it I was just thinking that I'd get used to it. But it does put pressure on my legs specially my right leg.

I think it might be related to height. I'm 5'1 and reaching the gas pedal is a little bit harder since that elevates my legs. My husband is 6'1 and he says I'm just crazy and it's all in my head.

Eh. It's totally fixable! :D

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I searched through the FIAT EPC and I didn't find ANY differences strictly based on "build date". there are different seat frames/adjusters/foam/etc based on 'option codes' but nothing to show that after a specific build date did they change part, or all of, the seat. :confused:

if I can find a VIN from a car built later this year, I'll compare the option codes to my VIN, which was built on 7/4/11, and see what the differences, if any, are.

to be continued.........

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
to be continued.........
.......and the verdict IS:

there is NO DIFFERENCE between a seat on a 500 Sport made on July 4th and a seat for a 500 Sport made on October 6th.

in fact, there are NO "production date breaks" on any of the seat parts that I could find.

there is only one other way there may be a change in parts, through a part number 'change', but I see nothing to indicate that as well. :confused:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts