Why I chose...Competizione Sport Tuning High Flow Drop in Air Filter
From what I can see there are three choices for intake/filter upgrades...
1. Competizione Sport Tuning Cold Air Intake
2. Road Race Corsa- Dyno Tuned Intake
3. Competizione Sport Tuning High Flow Drop in Air Filter
1. Competizione Sport Tuning Cold Air Intake- This would be great if I were going to the track and intended to drive in dry conditions. It is a great concept for power gain through high flow and fresh air... I have driven 2 cars with this setup and they were both strong.
I intend to drive this car all over the country on 9 different trips...expecting all sorts of weather including heavy water and rain.
2. Road Race Corsa- Dyno Tuned Intake also reports up to 5hp gain on the dyno but these numbers concern me... The photo on the site shows only a short intake duct. Without any installed photos I can only assume the filter is within the engine compartment. If this is the case... a hood up, fan on, for all we know intake turned straight up (to suck fresh air) Dyno means nothing to me. I want to see a Dyno video on this with real world driving circumstances. With intake installed, hood down, dyno fan on. I believe this would be the true test. I am betting the heat generated will cancel out any gain realized in the rigged dyno test... it may even loose power because of lack of fresh air... If I am wrong please post more detailed photos and or video. Just wish there was more detailed info on this.
3. The above reasons along with the superior filtration quality of an oiled Drop in foam filter offer. I am not sure about any hp gain... is seems to growl a bit louder... and I am confident I am not sucking micro dirt particles into my engine.I have it installed and am happy with the Competizione Sport Tuning High Flow Drop in Air Filter. And it is re usable/cleanable.
Thoughts? Bring it!