Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly does the fiat autonet WiFi stand alone kit do?
The dealer cant tell me what it does or if it requires a monthly subscription.
Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What exactly does the fiat autonet WiFi stand alone kit do?
The dealer cant tell me what it does or if it requires a monthly subscription.
Thanks.

the kit allows you to have WiFi access anywhere you go in your 500. there is a subscription though. don't know the the prices, but I believe they have 1, 2 or 3yr subscriptions and I think you pay it all 'up front', not like sat radio where you can pay monthly. the subscription price is in additon to the price of the optional WiFi Kit.

I thought about it but for the $$, I'll just look for a Mickey D's when travelling if I want to use the internet. :p

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I figured. I was looking to get it but the car I was looking at didn't have it. Doesn't look like a deal breaker.
Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
Many new smart phones have the ability to be a WiFi hot spot 3G and 4G. This is the same technology. But when you get out of the car the hotspot goes with you and your phone... this is the the better way to go :' )

·
Registered
614 Posts
Many new smart phones have the ability to be a WiFi hot spot 3G and 4G. This is the same technology. But when you get out of the car the hotspot goes with you and your phone... this is the the better way to go :' )
^ This

I was wondering though if you did have it whether you could use it to access any firmware updates for the car...that would be very cool.

BTW, anyone try Pandora thru their phone yet?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yep I run Pandora all the time. It is not anywhere near cd or mp3 quality... But I get to listen to my music.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I use my phone for pandora as well. As previously mentioned, the quality is good, but not stellar. Windows down, tunes cranked it works as advertised.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's what I figured. I was looking to get it but the car I was looking at didn't have it. Doesn't look like a deal breaker.
Thanks
it should be available as a 'dealer installed' option, as it is with Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram. while it WOULD be nice to have use of my laptop, I guess a smartphone would do......if I had one. I'm just using an old Motorola Razr. I don't need it to text or surf the web, just use the phone for making calls. I have no need to stay 'connected' to anything that I can't do by making a phone call. :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts