Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading on thetruthaboutcars.com and they had an article on this subject. They made some valid points as to why it will be hard for Fiat to make a successful return to our shores. One main reason is requiring dealers to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to open up separate dealerships just for Fiat even though it will be just a niche market. I for one do hope they make a successful return since I love the brand dearly. Here's the link to the article for you guys.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/topolino-trouble-chrysler-dealers-losing-interest-in-italian-brands/

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
yes

I was just reading on thetruthaboutcars.com and they had an article on this subject. They made some valid points as to why it will be hard for Fiat to make a successful return to our shores. One main reason is requiring dealers to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to open up separate dealerships just for Fiat even though it will be just a niche market. I for one do hope they make a successful return since I love the brand dearly. Here's the link to the article for you guys.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/topolino-trouble-chrysler-dealers-losing-interest-in-italian-brands/
stock symbol is FIATY for those of you who want to gamble... By the way, that's a dead link! Try:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBgQFjAA&url=http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/topolino-trouble-chrysler-dealers-losing-interest-in-italian-brands/&rct=j&q=topolino trouble chrysler italian brands&ei=3ct5TLXrOcKblgfQtfDqCw&usg=AFQjCNH8oHvjB8QKY-BQWuiN0XRPbqLA0g&cad=rja

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's a thought.
as Fiat come in as a new player in the US market think of what part of the market they will take bites of? when gas hit $4.00+ per gallon everyone screamed for more economic cars.
as is the need is there for a small effective car that is seen more as useful & stall worth rather then a gimmick. I would hope the Fiat folks tune the needs of the many to suit the manufacture of what they bring to the table.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The truth is...

I was just reading on thetruthaboutcars.com and they had an article on this subject. They made some valid points as to why it will be hard for Fiat to make a successful return to our shores. One main reason is requiring dealers to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to open up separate dealerships just for Fiat even though it will be just a niche market. I for one do hope they make a successful return since I love the brand dearly. Here's the link to the article for you guys...

That article has one point of view, but the truth is the dealer initially needs just 2500-3000 square feet of showroom space to display cars. Then, as other Fiat models (4 or 5 coming over the years) and possibly Alfa Romeo is added, a separate showroom would be expected.

By that time sales/service/parts would be able to warrant a new facility.

By the way, I reported this on August 9th and remember, there are some that would love to see Fiat not do well. There are many dealers that are chomping at the bit for a Fiat franchise so don't worry! :p

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
My best scenario

Financially speaking I hope there is little initial interest, so I can snap one up at a good price. Looks like we are on track for that outcome. Try asking people at work what they know about the whole thing. I have not yet found someone that knows what's coming.

I think eventually people will wake up and realize how cool this car is. By that time, I should be into my second or third oil change...

BTW: Did you hear the news about Chrysler sales last month. GM and Toyota tanked, but Chrysler was up 7%. That is a good sign, does not conflict with my scenario. How will the dealers do when they actually get a nice car to work with? My guess is, quite well, thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts