Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
just watched the live launch. A bit disappointing for me, but no doubt well supported by market research.

All the market-speak aside, I heard too many references to things changed for the NA market: interior and especially suspension. The euro 500 has a wonderful suspension, and if they make it soft and useless to appeal to the typical American buyer, then I will be very disappointed. And angry. And sleepless. And much less likely to buy one.

Anybody else?

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
My thoughts........

just watched the live launch. A bit disappointing for me, but no doubt well supported by market research.

All the market-speak aside, I heard too many references to things changed for the NA market: interior and especially suspension. The euro 500 has a wonderful suspension, and if they make it soft and useless to appeal to the typical American buyer, then I will be very disappointed. And angry. And sleepless. And much less likely to buy one.

Anybody else?

I was there last night. I watched the online show as well. Having NOT driven one in Italy in 2008 I will not have anything to compare them with. Unless you have driven a european version you won't have anything to compare them with either.

As for the car they are beautiful, comfortable SEXY, and the Mocha Latte color is my favorite. I almost wish I don't have #241 of the Primia Editiozne reserved. I just wish the diesel would come to the USA sooner rather than later. They are calling all the cars 2012 models not 2011. This makes me think that it will be April before the cars are in the USA other than the pre production ones I was able to sit in last night.

Pictures of the cars later.

·
Registered
794 Posts
777joee,

I was there last night. I watched the online show as well. Having NOT driven one in Italy in 2008 I will not have anything to compare them with. Unless you have driven a european version you won't have anything to compare them with either.
Very true; I just don't want to be disappointed with the NA version. Perhaps my concern is all misplaced, and our version will be even better.

And I agree with your opinon on all counts; the car is beautiful, comfortable and sexy. I think it is a standout gem, and I definitely want one. But we've all seen European cars brought to NA and then denatured.

I envy your attending the debut. Even in Italy people notice the 500- it is a car that makes you smile, whether you are inside or out.

Thumbnail attached. Does it open when you click on it?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts