Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, guys.

I ordered a 500 Cult (the way the Pop is called where I live).
The car hasn't arrived yet, so I'm just speculating.

Will a set of 17x8 ET20 wheels fit? I have them mounted on my other car, and I want to try them out as soon as the car arrives. The rubber is 205/40.

By the way, what is the 500 original offset (for the 15" Pop wheels).
Does it change for the 16s (Sport wheels)?

Thanks in advance!​

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
you're going to have some serious stretch with a 205 on an 8 inch wheel. The offset should be ok. With the stretch on the tire you should also be ok on the rear fenders. It might be close though.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
if you lower it that is. Stock height should be fine.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It is an aggressive fitment for sure but I think it should be ok, and would really like to see how it looks, so put them on and take some pics!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you're going to have some serious stretch with a 205 on an 8 inch wheel. The offset should be ok. With the stretch on the tire you should also be ok on the rear fenders. It might be close though.
I have been using these wheels for more than two years, rolling stretched with absolutely no problems :)
In addition to that, I have a set of 15x7s rolling on 165/50, and the stretch is a little more agressive!

But to have the 17s fitted to my current car, I had to roll its fenders, something I'm not intending on doing to the 500 in a near future.
BTW, the wheels are BBS Style5s. I'm considering having them painted red to colormatch the interior.

Whaddya say?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think it could depend on the ride height of the car for some rubbing but I think it should be pretty close. I hope to do 16x8 et 20 195/40 with a drop so not too different.

Did you have the Style5s redrilled I assume? Not sure on the red, what colour is the exterior?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, the wheels were redrilled! They are currently painted Nogaro Silver, and I'm not quite sure this color would look good in the car.
The exterior color is Bianco (pure white), and the interior is marble/red.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm thinking of something like this:

Or, maybe, painting them white with a heavily polished lip and golden bolts, although I think it may end up looking dull on a white car:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts