Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice on my car. When the windows are rolled down all the way. The passenger side window sticks up just a little over the window sill molding looking out. Does anyone one else car do that. The driver side, is down more. I don't think I would get it fix. They would scratch up the door panel too much. Might be normal, for the car.:confused:

·
Registered
393 Posts
I don't own a Fiat 500 as yet but with what I know about cars, that shouldn't happen at all. When you roll down your passenger side window, listen carefully for a cracking noise, it's possible a wire or the plastic water seal is hanging and catching on to the bottom of the window.

Just my 0.02

·
Registered
393 Posts
I didn't notice this on mine today but I do know that with my Weathertech wind deflectors they seem to pinch at the top so I expect a pre-mature failure of the motor is possible, just a heads up as you don't want to compound your problem if you have considered them.
So maybe it's a window motor about to fail?

To OP, you should take it into Fiat and see what they can do or get advice from them what it could be.

If your brave enough, you can try taking out the door panel to see if anything is obstructing it and just to inspect the area the window is moving in.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If your brave enough, you can try taking out the door panel to see if anything is obstructing it and just to inspect the area the window is moving in.
With the car under warranty, why would anyone do that? You'd risk doing more damage to the car that wouldn't be covered under warranty.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
So maybe it's a window motor about to fail?

To OP, you should take it into Fiat and see what they can do or get advice from them what it could be.

I would doubt the motor failing is an issue as much as placement when mounted or an obstruction of some sorts, just adding the additional tip for anyone considering Weathertech rain/wind guards. They look awesome and really stay in place though so I won't be removing mine.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
the best way to see if it's 'normal' would be to go back to your Fiat Studio and compare it to other Sports. if you think yours is sticking up more than the others, then you can grab (don't let your wife know) your sales rep and show her the difference. can't dispute it if you can show them with their own eyes.

just a thought........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
38 Posts
My wife just mentioned this to me yesterday as she was sitting in the passenger seat. It does seem to stick up just enough to be uncomfortable if you happen to rest your arm there. I don't feel anything on the driver side but I haven't checked to see if sits lower when it's down all the way.

D.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Fiat studio is 2 blocks from my house. I think I'll go up, and compare it to some the other 500's on the lot. It might be just normal. If others on this site, have theirs sticking up, too!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Ok, I had not noticed it before as I stated above but I made sure they were both all the way down and in fact the passenger side does stick up a tiny bit, enough to feel the glass over the weather stripping as opposed to being even on drivers side. It would be appear it for some reason is this way by design so I wouldn't think twice about it, actually in time it is a VERY good thing because as the rubber wears it can become brittle and pressure can easily break it so using the window to keep arms off the rubber is ideal even if less comfortable. I always try to keep my windows just over my molding with any car I am in so I do not damage things,

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was a the studio tonight, after work. Looked at several cars. The passenger side window sticks up a little, and you can see the glass. It at different heights on the drivers side. It does stick up too. Must be normal.

Leaned also that under roof lip, the drivers/passager door, there is a screw hole. It on all the cars. You can see treads in it. Its for a roof rack accessory. I thought it was drain holes for the sunroof. Its on all the cars.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
......Leaned also that under roof lip, the drivers/passager door, there is a screw hole. It on all the cars. You can see treads in it. Its for a roof rack accessory. I thought it was drain holes for the sunroof. Its on all the cars.
yep, seen that on mine too. now I know what it's for. THANKS SMARK!:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts