Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am not sure of a better way to state it I chose the wording "window surround"...anyone that has a Sport (or other model as well) with the black plastic around the window tried to paint it to have a gloss look rather than the cheaper plain untouched plastic? I would have thought this would be done from factory and it was only after the purchase I realized that it would look far better painted.

In this pic from my gallery you can easily see the flat black areas I refer to...

Thanks, hopefully someone has painted theres, might take it to the painters and see what they can do with it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I know several people have put that carbon fiber tape/vinyl stuff on the B pillar and corner

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know several people have put that carbon fiber tape/vinyl stuff on the B pillar and corner
Do you mean the 3M™ DI-NOC™? Not sure I want to mix carbon fiber with the car just because it would seem a bit out of place possibly, good idea though and I did consider it. I ordered some clear bra material so that I can place it in the door handle cups and on the dash behind where my hand could bump when starting the car. The dealer already installed it on the door edges but these others areas should have it as well, the ignition is too close to the dash for my taste, I prefer it be on the dash not the stalk but that is cause I got used to it on one of the other rides. Thanks for the suggestion. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My "window surrounds" are gloss black on my Lounge and they scratch very easily.
It must be the Lounge I am seeing in pics on occasion, thanks for the heads up, now I know, also I know I do not want to deal with scratches so I may look at different options or maybe just leave it as it is, currently it seems it'd be fairly rugged and wear well.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the matte look much better than a glossy look. I don't think it appears cheap at all.
Flat black actually looks fine but this textured plastic is very cheap looking, same applies for the interior but with the color matched painted dash piece you luckily are distracted by that enough to look past the cheaper textured interior, still I like the car a great deal, just noticing some things.

(Also noticed no rear hatch release and no door locks except via remote which I have two so if one breaks no worries. I read the UK peeps only get a normal metal key and a single fob/key like we have in the US.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Also noticed no rear hatch release and no door locks except via remote which I have two so if one breaks no worries.
I'm still waiting for the arrival of my Bianco Sport (aug. 17th) but from what I've read, you can lock the doors on the inside by pushing the handle toward the door. As I said though, I don't have my 500 to test it out.

D.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

I'm still waiting for the arrival of my Bianco Sport (aug. 17th) but from what I've read, you can lock the doors on the inside by pushing the handle toward the door. As I said though, I don't have my 500 to test it out.

D.
Hi,

That's correct. :)

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
On the Lounge models the moldings are painted piano black. I wonder how much the Lounge parts would be. Can you take off the unpainted A and B trim, on the sport models. The Lounge model also has a chrome trimmed window sill molding too.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On the Lounge models the moldings are painted piano black. I wonder how much the Lounge parts would be. Can you take off the unpainted A and B trim, on the sport models. The Lounge model also has a chrome trimmed window sill molding too.
If anyone knows how hard it would be switching it might be worthwhile, I did hear though from someone here there is some major fingerprint issues with the glossy type.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts