Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 2015 fiat sport which is currently outfitted with 195/45R16 all season tires. Can I put in winter tires that are 185/55R15? I have only read about people up-sizing their tires rather than downsizing. The reason is that I have a friend selling their unused winter tires for their old Fiat. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Here in Europe, the proper tire and rim dimensions are listed in the manual - don't have access to the 500 Sport (1.2 ?) manual - and it may differ from the US models.
But on my '16 Twinair Popstar, i run 185/55R15 both as summer and winther tyres - no issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a used 2015 fiat sport which is currently outfitted with 195/45R16 all season tires. Can I put in winter tires that are 185/55R15? I have only read about people up-sizing their tires rather than downsizing. The reason is that I have a friend selling their unused winter tires for their old Fiat. Thank you in advance.
Did you end up changing? I’m in the same situation but i already paid for tires :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you end up changing? I’m in the same situation but i already paid for tires :(
I never ended up getting winter tires because of mild winter conditions the last two years, so my all season tires have been holding up pretty well.

But this is what I found in the user manual:
"If you need snow tires, select tires equivalent in size and type to the original equipment tires. Use snow tires only in sets of four; failure to do so may adversely affect the safety and handling of your vehicle." (Hope that helps somewhat!)

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
15" wheel and tire will fit regular sport, that's the final answer. Sport has the same brake as Pop and Lounge, which have 15".

Can Abarth use 15" wheel? Yes and no. Check the offset of the wheel, and the shape. Some will fit, some won't, some may just need spacers, and some just can't be made to fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts