Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am in Ontario (GTA). One of the local tire shops wants to charge me about $650 including tax for Barum Polaris 3 tires, including installation and balancing. Does this seem reasonable and does anyone know anything about these tires?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Depends on the size you are buying. Never heard of these tires. I tend to stick with name brand tires as they seem to be better quality from my experience. The Tire Rack.com is a great source for researching all types of tires although the prices are in USD. A good tire for the budget minded is the Bidgestone winterforce. I have had these on several vehicles and they have good snow traction and very good wear. Call around, prices will vary quite a bit for the same product especially this time of year. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mvander. I looked for reviews of the tire and they appear to be more common in Europe. Barum is owned by Continental apparently. Also, thanks for the tip re The Tire Rack. That really helps to get a sense of whether the costs are aligned with what others are charging! Unfortunately, they don't mention the Polaris.

I see your Fiat is Olive colour as well. What a beautiful car!

·
Registered
289 Posts
The best color in my opinion. Just for your info, I went with the conti extreme winter contact in 14". So far so good but we haven't had much snow in Barrie.....yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts