Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone else has encountered this: In certain situations, the passenger side wiper will "lift off" and then slap back down against the windshield. It sounds as a rock is hitting the windshield and startles the **** out of me. It has happened twice, once when I was alone and the last time when my girl was in the car with me. The first time I thought it was a rock, but she verified what happened the second time. I warily watch it now when on the highway. Some time I see is floating a bit. The only observation I could cite is that I was passing a semi on the left. Perhaps a pressure differential? If this is prevalent, what would be a suggested fix (airfoil?)?:confused:

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Not me, and it rained cats, and dogs here yesterday. No issues here. That sound like what our smart car does on the A pillar, when it rains hard, and on high speed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me emphasize: It wasn't raining. I was doing about 70-75 mph. Doesn't seem to be a problem when alone on the road (I've had it close to 90). Side gusts? Who knows. Just wondered if anyone else had the experience.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Still thats never happen to me. My car get mad at me when I go over 80mph. Could be just strong winds lifting the blade, at high speeds. I wouldn't really worry about it.
I will have to wait for Tornado season here, and strong high winds, to test this out.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Even at speeds of or over 80MPH (only a few times have I done these speeds though) I haven't seen this happen, also never noticed it during rain or without, perhaps you have a slight bend in the wiper arm that sits it at just enough angle to allow it to lift easily, maybe try comparing to another 500 at the studio if possible.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Even at speeds of or over 80MPH (only a few times have I done these speeds though) I haven't seen this happen, also never noticed it during rain or without, perhaps you have a slight bend in the wiper arm that sits it at just enough angle to allow it to lift easily, maybe try comparing to another 500 at the studio if possible.
I haven't had it happen going over 100. YES This car will do over 100

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, that answers that question.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts