Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into painting my Fiat. I'm thinking a dark purple and maybe adding some decal. I want to know more about wrapping and painting costs, effectiveness, and durability. I have some chips on the front bumper in one spot, so I wasn't sure if I should touch that up before painting it or wrapping it. I will be painting the entire car and not just touching up one spot. Any advice would be helpful.

IDK if it matters, but my car is white. Does the original color have anything to do with the price of the paint job/ wrap job?

·
Registered
976 Posts
A properly done paint job should be as durable as the factory paint. Quality shops will guarantee the paint as long as you own your car. It is not inexpensive, though. I was looking at a color change in 2006 and IIRC the cost was quoted at $3500.

If you can do your own wrap, costs are reasonable, but costs vary wildly by location to have it professionally installed. I agree with smark, a good wrap can last several years and you have color/finish options that are difficult to duplicate in paint.

The great thing is it'll save your existing paint. It can be put back to stock if you have trouble selling a purple car or change your mind later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Factory color doesn't matter unless you are simply trying to respray the car white to get rid of the scratches. A full color change paint job is going to be double the cost of a good wrap but that is assuming a lot. Like everything you get what you pay for.

I would default to wrapping and if you are okay with leaving the door jams and little areas the original color then it can be fairly affordable. Nowadays top-of-the-line films come with 5-year warranties.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts