Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with this brand? I have a local guy carrying them but don't know what they're worth.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I just can't. I like the idea of getting a little more sound out of this car, but I've never liked the sound of 4 cylinder cars with exhausts. I want to like it, I really really do. But all I hear is a cracked out civic like the many thousands rolling around here. I've been on the fence about an exhaust on the car for the longest time. I want to like the way it sounds, but I just don't.

Can't win em all I guess.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just can't. I like the idea of getting a little more sound out of this car, but I've never liked the sound of 4 cylinder cars with exhausts. I want to like it, I really really do. But all I hear is a cracked out civic like the many thousands rolling around here. I've been on the fence about an exhaust on the car for the longest time. I want to like the way it sounds, but I just don't.

Can't win em all I guess.
Ok, tell me what you really think? lol

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
BwaaaaaBwaaaabrbrbrbrbbbbbbBwaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Ok, tell me what you really think? lol
Love it actually.
I wish there was a way to make the standard 500 sound like one.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was going to get a custom exhaust done tomorrow for a lot cheaper than the price of this one, but something about having a unique item is luring me to this. Maybe I'll stop in to see how it sounds. I can't judge by a video.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Calling DR.JAFA500

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Going in to hear what this exhaust sounds like in person today. Hopefully it sounds different in person.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I caved, I bought it. At first I thought it was too high pitched, but I'll tell you, there is a reason why Ferrari's and Porsche's use this brand. The video in the garage does not do it justice. The gurgle, especially on the downshift, sounds amazing. Reminds me of the Abarth gurgle. Extremely happy. Price? You don't want to know if it comes from Italy.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Well I caved, I bought it. At first I thought it was too high pitched, but I'll tell you, there is a reason why Ferrari's and Porsche's use this brand. The video in the garage does not do it justice. The gurgle, especially on the downshift, sounds amazing. Reminds me of the Abarth gurgle. Extremely happy. Price? You don't want to know if it comes from Italy.
I wish I had more gurgle but for the cost I have and the little bit I do get I love it, hope you post some vids as I'd love to hear it sometime.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wish I had more gurgle but for the cost I have and the little bit I do get I love it, hope you post some vids as I'd love to hear it sometime.
I'll try to when I get the chance. Do you find the torque on first gear is slightly down. I think with the filter alone I was pulling harder. Maybe in my head.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I'll try to when I get the chance. Do you find the torque on first gear is slightly down. I think with the filter alone I was pulling harder. Maybe in my head.
I cannot recall any negatives with my mods, it is stronger pulling throughout all ranges compared to before the changes, being in the auto perhaps is part of it...not 100% certain, all my mods were done without a weeks time so not much spent with any one of them. Look forward to your vids when the chance arrives.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
will do soon, I was working on prototype #2 of the intake and doing runs all day.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts