Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my new yellow DTR/turn assemblies. Adds a yellow fog at nite with the DTR on with headlights. During daytime operation I do not have the DTR on just the nice yellow look. Looks especially nice with the Bianco Perla

Attachments

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Just installed my new yellow DTR/turn assemblies. Adds a yellow fog at nite with the DTR on with headlights. During daytime operation I do not have the DTR on just the nice yellow look. Looks especially nice with the Bianco Perla
Looks good. Is it a whole assembly swap or yellow film?

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Im not a fan of that, im trying to make everything look clear not add color. Most people try to remove the yellowish DRL lights with white LEDs but hey you went in the opposite direction and if you like it more power to you. What clear side marker lights? Are you talking about the side amber and red reflectors or the fender turn signals?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I have complete clear side marker sets. These replace the amber fronts and the red rears. Will post pics when I get them installed

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
JDM? Yes nothing like some piercing yellow light just the right wavelength for the misty fog
JDM means Japanese domestic market and is very popular for the younger crowd most often or within tuner groups and such, sadly it isn't or doesn't have much truth these days and has become more of a marketing play that gets kids to spend money. Some of that is I suppose my opinion, as for the other portion of my comment, I stick with it, yellow is chosen cause it offers what some want in actual usefulness. :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yes, I have complete clear side marker sets. These replace the amber fronts and the red rears. Will post pics when I get them installed
Where did you get them? I've been looking everywhere and the best thing I've been able to come up with is just trying to tint them.

Also, I'm liking the yellow.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
The yellow light look appeals to many that want the more realistic "JDM" look I am told, some prefer it due to the actual usefulness of them compared to non yellow offerings.
While i might agree some believe it increases the usefulness of fogs it doesn't really do much for Turn signals or DRL. And maybe instead of JDM we should call it IDM (Italian Domestic Market) ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Both the front DTR/turn yellow and the new all clear side marker light set were done by Squadra Nuvolari. Will post pics of the side marker sets next week.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
While i might agree some believe it increases the usefulness of fogs it doesn't really do much for Turn signals or DRL. And maybe instead of JDM we should call it IDM (Italian Domestic Market) ;)
Mostly for Fogs, beyond that I see no usefulness gained myself, I don't like the yellow and would prefer the silver coated bulbs that light yellow or whatever color but all clear lenses and ONLY colored when powered is my ideal choice IF I were changing things, as for the IDM, I like it. :)

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
BTW i have tried the silver coated amber bulbs and they didn't look as good, the were more red orange than yellow orange, and about half the brightness. Im researching LED bulbs instead to achieve the same effect.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
BTW i have tried the silver coated amber bulbs and they didn't look as good, the were more red orange than yellow orange, and about half the brightness. Im researching LED bulbs instead to achieve the same effect.
Seen some that looked good but haven't used them or looked to see how each brand and type might differ, be interested to see your findings when you have found proper LED bulbs.

·
Registered
515 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts