Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen this exact issue raised, so here goes.

I can't pair my Samsung Intensity 2. The phone recognizes Blue 4 Me but when I try to pair it, I get a "Pairing Failed" message. I don't even get to the point where I enter a code. I've taken the phone to Verizon and it checks out fine. My Fiat sales agent said she's never heard of a phone that wouldn't work with the system. Has anyone else run into this? Thanks for any advice you may have.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am the absolute wrong person to answer.

But this is what I remember:

1. Your car needs to be stationary
2. Settings
3. Pairing
4. Code?
5. Enter it in your phone

I know my phone doesn't work sometimes with BM but that is because I turn off the blutooth on the phone. Are you sure your phone itself has the blutooth on?

Sorry for the basic comment, but I hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
first, WELCOME to the forum from a fellow Hoosier!

I have a Samsung phone (different model) and it paired fine. like JLS mentioned, make sure something as simple as having the Bluetooth activated on your phone will of course keep it from pairing.

even my old MotoRazr paired with my Blue & Me. its got to be something simple that we're just not thinking of.

good luck with your pairing and pls let us know what you find is causing your issue. others may be able to benefit. :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
If you don't get the code and ability to enter it by using the Blue&Me controls, you need to do it from the phone. Go to the bluetooth settings and scan for devices and pair with Blue&Me. The car will respond with the code and the phone will ask for it. You should be good after that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips. I've tried all of those things. I've taken it back to the dealer. I took the phone to Verizon and it checked out OK. Still nothing. Hopefully, Fiat NA will have a flash or something that will sort it out. I'll update when I know more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the dealer spent the day with my car yesterday and could not get my phone to pair up. The phone pairs with my wife's 2011 Golf, with Verizon's equipment at their store and with an old in ear device I have. The dealer's solution is that I just go and upgrade to a phone I neither need or want. Frankly, I'm a bit pissed that this $500 pre-installed feature won't work with a phone still being offered and made. Especially since the dealer provided me with a list of phones and their compatibility when I picked up the car yesterday.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, it might be. Unfortunately, I'm about a year away from trading on my contract. Sheesh, it's not like I have a Jitterbug or anything! The phone I have is more than I use as it is without paying for another one and having to add some ridiculous data plan that I really would never use. I hate to sound like a cheapskate here but it bugs me to have to spend the money to make a feature work that should already.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had this problem when i first got my Droid Incredible 2. I ended up calling Verizon and telling them the Bluetooth was bad. And they sent me another phone and it worked. Maybe the Bluetooth is bad. Just because they check it out doesn't mean it works properly. Just saying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a samsung galaxy sII it works fine with Uconnect on my dodge magnum srt8 2006but it will not pair with blue&me. Anyone having same problem? Thank you

·
Registered
962 Posts
Check the bluetooth device properties make sure the settings are correct: Trusted=yes, etc etc. Check the bluetooth options: discoverable = yes, and check all of the services it has.
Let us know how that work out for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife has a Samsung Intensity 2 and I cannot get it to pair with the UConnect system in my 2012 Dodge Charger. I also have an after market bluetooth radio in my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 and it will not pair with that radio either. The phone wil recognize the radio(s), but when I try to pair I get the "pairing failed" message. I am starting to think there is a problem with the Intensity phones. It really upsets me because a newer bluetooth capable phone like this one should be able to pair with hands free devices. I know it seems odd that a Dodge man is posting on here, but I just wanted you to know that you are not alone with your Intensity 2 problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts