Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If the Fiat 500 does as well here in the U.S. as it has in the rest of the world, Chrysler is going to have plenty to celebrate. Fiat just announced that it has sold a staggering 500,000 500s in just three years. To mark the occasion, the company is creating a special edition, complete with fan photos incorporated into the paint. Sadly, only UK residents can submit their pictures, though Fiat says it is reserving a total of 70 percent of the car's surface for actual owners.

Alfa Romeo is rolling out a similar program to mark a special occasion of its own. The company has officially been in business for 100 years, and as such, it plans on plastering a Giulietta hatch with images from the brand's history books. Expect to see shots from The Graduate to make the cut, as well as a handful of owner-submitted pictures and celebrity photos, too.

At this point, it's not clear whether Fiat and Alfa are planning on working up some sort of photomosaic or simply slathering the cars with the photos and hoping for the best. Either way, the finished product should be something to behold. Hit the jump for the details.

Source: Autoblog

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow, what a strange marketing ploy. Not sure I would want my face on a car but something tells me there will be a ton of people that do!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That will be a lot of photos on the Fiat 500... so I don't think the individual photos will stand out that much. If I had the chance, I'd for sure love to have my photo on the Fiat 500 - it's a part of history - celebrating 500,000 units sold!!! I know it's not for everyone, but I think it would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That would be pretty cool. I know not everyone want their face to be on a car that will probably be displayed in a museum, but it's still a cool idea. It's also an exercise in customer loyalty as Fiat is giving back (in their own way) to the 500,000 purchasers of the Fiat 500. I wonder if Chrysler will do the same once the Fiat 500 comes to the North American market?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wonder if I pay extra if I can get a prime spot, like on the hood. Feel sorry for the person that is behind the front fender wheel LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts