Fiat 500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Demands on A/C systems in the USA have gone up dramatically in recent months due to all of the hot air being emitted by politicians.....
LOL. At least we are spared much of the campaigning in California. That is one benefit of One Party Rule. We already know where all of the electoral votes from California are going, and so do the candidates.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think your A/C is malfunctioning.
The 500e has killer a/c.
I don't use mine....too freaking cold.
Usually I fly down the road with the windows open.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
A/C started to blow warm air again. Looks like there might be a leak somewhere.

Any info on the lemon law regarding this if dealer can't fix the issue?
Summer already and in social 100+ degrees can't drive with window down on freeway.
Made an appointment to take car to service again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
**Update**

Picked up car from service they told me the A/C refrigerant was low.
It was also low a month ago when I took it the first time.
I told them there might be a leak causing it to become low. They didn't care and sent me on my way.
Works great right now probably a month later will start blowing warm air again.

Might take it to a different dealer , or contact a lawyer to see if anything can be done by lemon law.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Take a look at page 7 in this document.
Read it, but not sure which category a malfunction A/C system falls into. Cars overall amazing no complaints. Just not happy when A/C not blowing nice cold air in the SoCal heat :(

Anyone has any recommendation on a dealer that are great with customers?

·
Registered
76 Posts
For everyone saying it blows ice cold is that when it is already hot? Or during the day when the sun is beating down on the glass sunroof?

On full blast on hot days in northern CA, the a/c feels pretty sad. at night with no sun it can get cold for me tho. Am I just doomed because of the greenhouse effect of the sunroof?

·
Registered
734 Posts
For everyone saying it blows ice cold is that when it is already hot? Or during the day when the sun is beating down on the glass sunroof?

On full blast on hot days in northern CA, the a/c feels pretty sad. at night with no sun it can get cold for me tho. Am I just doomed because of the greenhouse effect of the sunroof?

It's been 100+ all over SoCal the last few days...the AC in my 500e has worked like a champ.
I don't have a sunroof, base car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It should be blowing cold like a normal AC. Mine recently stopped blowing cold due to a bad compressor and a plugged condenser. It took just about 6 weeks to get the car back since it took quite a while to get parts, but unfortunately since the compressor was getting so hot they couldn't release the car back to me while we waited for parts. May not be the same issue you're having, but my bad compressor was getting so hot they considered it a safety issue so you may want to have it looked at.
I believe the A/C compressor is also used for cooling the battery while discharging, so it definitely shouldn't be driven without it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I think there are two issues:
1. Does the A/C blow cold? Yes

2. Does the climate control do a good job maintaining temperature? NO!

The automatic climate control allows temps to swing widely, much more than any car I've ever owned.
You can't "set and forget" like most cars, you have to muck with it, in my experience anyway.
I'm often adjusting the temp between 68 and 75 degrees.

Reactions: Robertss250

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think there are two issues:
1. Does the A/C blow cold? Yes

2. Does the climate control do a good job maintaining temperature? NO!

The automatic climate control allows temps to swing widely, much more than any car I've ever owned.
You can't "set and forget" like most cars, you have to muck with it, in my experience anyway.
I'm often adjusting the temp between 68 and 75 degrees.
I don't run the A/C frequently, but don't think I have that problem. I basically set it for around 73 and forget it. I do set the recirculate on most of the time (no outside air?). My trips are usually under 15 minutes so there isn't much humidity builtup.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I already took the car for service twice for the A/C.
First service: they said the refrigerant level is low. They recharged/refilled and it was blowing nice cold air for 4-5 weeks and then started blowing warm/cool air again.
Second service : they said the same thing that refrigerant level is low. So I'm assuming there is a leak somewhere again they refilled/recharged the system and sent me on my way home. I argued that it has a leak service advisor didnt want to help further.
Called fiat customer care will be taking to different dealer next week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Times have changed, and air conditioning failures have remained the same. I was hoping that by this year they would have invented something eternal. So, I went to see if there is a solution to my problem with the fact that the warm air does not blow. Maybe there's a leak somewhere. I tried to solve this problem myself but I didn't succeed. Well, I'll have to call an air conditioning repair servicing, although I wanted to save money. But I'm tired of being cold.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Times have changed, and air conditioning failures have remained the same. I was hoping that by this year they would have invented something eternal. So, I went to see if there is a solution to my problem with the fact that the warm air does not blow. Maybe there's a leak somewhere.
4 year old thread bump dude? Really?

·
Registered
15 Posts
My A/C blows cold air. Do you have it set to a certain temperature, or to "low"? "Low" seems to be the fresh air setting,
Anyone confirm please? When AC is on and temp set to ”low” means no air conditioner but fresh air intake?

There is a temperature setting “low“? and not a numeric degree?

Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
If it is hot out and you set it to low with the AC on, you'll get max AC. If you want fresh air intake, turn the AC off and the temp to low to make sure the heater doesn't turn on and then adjust the fan as needed. Make sure it is not set to Auto.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts