Fiat 500 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Hey Guy's and Ladies ,

I posted a fix for the flashing odometer sometime ago - It is a simple fix .

This works for me when I replaced my stock radio for a After Market Pioneer Double Din Radio.

1> Car is Off
2> Turn Key Accessory Mode but dont start the Car
3> Put the Hazard Lights on and then turn them off
4> Turn Key to Off Position
5> Take Key Out
6> Put Key Back in and ODO Mileage will stop flashing.

I hope this helps someone ......

Thanks.....
I had to come back here and say It worked!!! The ODO was blinking and I did what you said!! 馃槂馃槂馃槂馃槂馃グ馃グ馃グ thank you!

Registered
2015 Fiat 500 Sport
Thanks for the info, what I did was un plug the battery cables for 30 minutes and then I put them back on and turned the key to mode not turning the car on and the ODD stoped blinking it seem to fix the ODD and my blue&me both stopped working at the same time (y)

Registered
In my case it started at 93K miles. All simple fixes noted here did not work. Dealer did diagnostics and said the telematics module is bad and needed replacement. Bad news is that the module costs $645 and the labor and programming costs $570. So, no thanks, I can do without hands-free phone calling.

Registered
It's a proxy alignment issue. The BCM expects to "talk" to the radio over CAN bus, if it's not the original radio and you don't put a CAN bus adapter, it will continue blinking.
In mcbrew case, not sure why it could had the issue, but as you mentioned it went away once you reset (by disconnecting the battery).
I had this problem myself with an aftermarket stereo with CAN adapter, it drove me nuts, till a member here told me how to set the dip switches correctly on the adapter!
Do you remember what they were

Registered
Hey Guy's and Ladies ,

I posted a fix for the flashing odometer sometime ago - It is a simple fix .

This works for me when I replaced my stock radio for a After Market Pioneer Double Din Radio.

1> Car is Off
2> Turn Key Accessory Mode but dont start the Car
3> Put the Hazard Lights on and then turn them off
4> Turn Key to Off Position
5> Take Key Out
6> Put Key Back in and ODO Mileage will stop flashing.

I hope this helps someone ......

Thanks.....

Thanks ! It worked!!!

Registered
Thanks for the info, what I did was un plug the battery cables for 30 minutes and then I put them back on and turned the key to mode not turning the car on and the ODD stoped blinking it seem to fix the ODD and my blue&me both stopped working at the same time (y)
Did you remove positive and negative, I'm just worried the radio will need a code.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts